American Similarities between Pantyhose and Tights:
- They have feet
- They have a clingy tapered fit or a defined form fitted shape.
- They are a seamless circular knit
Differences and variations between Pantyhose and Tights:
- Pantyhose are made of a sheer knit see through fabric and may have a center back seam. Pantyhose may have a firmer control top or panty style upper, which is still all one piece. (Mantyhose may have a pouch for male genitalia)
- Tights are opaque (not see through) and may have side seams or an inseam. More variations: Stockings / Thigh Highs, which can be shear or opaque, have feet and cover the feet, leg and end at the thigh. Leggings / Jeggings / Meggings don’t have feet. They stop at the ankle or somewhere below the knee.
- Stockings / Thigh Highs, which can be shear or opaque, have feet and cover the feet, leg and end at the thigh.
- Leggings / Jeggings / Meggings don’t have feet. They stop at the ankle or somewhere below the knee.
How to distinguish Leggings / Jeggings / Meggings？
Leggings：Leggings originally referred to leggings, leggings, popular in Europe and the United States, in South Korea and Japan, now refers to the popular non-foot color stockings or tight pants, leggings around 2008. you can buy leggings on Amazon.
Jeggings: Denim style bottoming pants; is a composite of the words jeans (jeans) and leggings (bottomed tights); the initial letter j not only indicates that the shape of the pants is like jeans; it also indicates that the pants appeared in early 2009 It’s time when people are jogging.
Meggings: The word comes from leggings [‘lɛgɪŋz], leggings, women’s clothing, pants designed to prevent light and slim, because of the length and materials used, it can be divided into a variety of different styles. It can be different from the dressing. Meggings means Men’s leggings, tights. Meggings M is Men, meaning men’s pantyhose.